Recently, I went over to Amy‘s house and we played around with our new purchases. One of the looks we did was a classic statement lip, which is what I will be sharing with you today.
- Fairy Drops Waterproof Volume Burst Mascara: my go to mascara for holding curls
- NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard: I purchased this from a stand-alone NARS shop in SF. Not surprisingly it was all sold out in Sephoras in Cali since it is highly raved by the online beauty community. This did not disappoint. Custard is an amazing shade for those with light-medium skin with yellow undertones like myself and matches me much better than my previous favourite, the Estee Lauder concealer in Light. You’ll see its coverage later on in this post.
- Givenchy Le Rouge in Carmin Escarpin: Love, love this lipstick. It has a sheer texture yet it is super pigmented! Despite it being light weight it lasts for hours on the lips even after a meal. It is best applied with a lip brush because of its intense colour. For a detailed swatch please see Bella Chique’s post.
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- Shu Uemura Hard Eyebrow pencil in stone gray: I mentioned this in this post
- Chanel Lip Pencil in Tulip: My natural lip shade. I like to use a lip pencil before under a bold lipstick to improve its longevity. This one is handy because it includes a lip brush :).
- Dolly Wink Eyeliner in Black (not pictured): my go to black liquid eyeliner. Best I have tried and stays put all day with primer.
- Mac Creamsheen blush (not pictured, it’s Amy’s)
This is my bare face and after concealer comparison:
I apply the NARS concealer under my eyes, around my nose and my chin. As you can see it really does a good job of evening out my skin. Bur beware – although it is a long lasting, creamy concealer, if you have dry flakes on your face it will show up!
I hope you enjoyed the look :). Also do you notice anything different about my face? …Amy cleaned up my eyebrows and reshaped them a little bit :)!
Stay tuned for my review of the Clarisonic Mia!