Hi everyone! In preparation for my California trip next week I have starting packing all my liquids. As you may be aware, currently carry-ons have specific restrictions for liquids due to security reasons. You may still carry liquids in your luggage but many flights require additional cost to ship your luggage. If you’re planning a short trip, there may be no need for the additional luggage. Hopefully this will help you organize your travel necessities for your vacation!
Here are some general guide lines (may vary depending on airlines):
- Max liquid capacity – 100mL/container
- All liquids must be placed in a clear plastic bag no larger than 20cmx20cm (8in x 8in)
- The bag must be able to close completely
From left to right:
- Hada Labo Hyaluronic Acid Toner: love this! I’ve been using it for years (mentioned in this post).
- Dior Capture Totale Serum (sample size): I love these sample sized serums for travel. I’ve only been testing this for a few days but I’m liking it so far since it has visibly lightened my recent acne scar but the price of the full size is pretty insane…
- Clinique Dramatically Moisturizing Lotion: my go to night time lotion or daytime if applied under sunscreen. I almost finished the 125mL bottle and I think it’s a great lightweight, basic moisturizer.
- Boscia Self-Defense Vital Antioxidant Moisture SPF 30: really liquidly lotion that is suitable for summer. The container contains 2 plastic samples. I’ve only used it once and I really like the high SPF and the lightweight texture.
- Algenist Multi-Pore Correcting Gel Moisturizer (sample, 15mL): another deluxe sample from Sephora. I used it for about a week for night and I really like it. The gel texture is super light weight and is absorbed instantly into the face, leaving a very clean and matte texture. If I like this enough, I may purchase it in the future.
- Laneige Water Sleeping Mask: I mentioned this here. I will mainly be using this during the flight to combat the dry and recycled cabin air.
- Bioderma’s Senibio H20: my favourite make up remover, super gentle but effective.
- Lancome Creme Mousse Confort: gentle morning cleanser suitable for mornings.
- Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Washing Foam: love this super foamy cleanser. Good for oily skin, keeps the acne at bay, but may be too harsh for sensitive or dry skin.
Dove shampoo and conditioner along with a few pumps of Morrocan hair oil. I really wish this travel package came with another bottle for conditioner, but hopefully this will suffice for a 10 day trip.
- Eye drops
- Contact lens solution, 2 packs of 2 week contacts and contact lens case (not pictured here)
- Nivea body lotion
- Clinique SPF30 Sunscreen: mentioned here
- Kiehl’s Scented Lipbalm: oddly, I find that it is much easier to use in a tub than in a squeeze tube
- Clinique All About Eyes De-Puffing Serum: nothing special, I just like the cooling and slightly moisturizing sensation and the sample size was convenient to pack.
Additionally as if these items were not enough, I plan to add my concealer as well as Benefit’s posie tint and chacha tint into the ziplock bag. Even though the liquid restriction is a big hassel it forces me to be organized. In a way, I’m happy I am not packing full containers of my skincare products.
Edit: I also packed a sample size of my favourite perfume and a mini toothpaste!
Some things to keep in mind while packing is that viscous creams do not sit well in bottles. Originally I had emptied the sunscreen in a bottle and I realized it will be difficult to use. Creams are best stored in containers and liquids are best stored in bottles.
Also, my bestie, Amy as well as the guest author of the Inglot post had launched her own blog! Please pay her a visit, especially if you enjoy reading all things related to beauty, boardgames, and travel :)!
Happy travelling! Stay safe and have fun!